Friday, June 15, 2012

Georgian cross part 2








 I finally managed to finish the purse with a Georgian Cross motif. 



 Making the lining was infuriating, with threads from fraying edges all over the place. Melting them slightly with a candle helped. Another difficult part was to get the size right for the lining – it came out too large first, so the purse looked like in was stuffed with brown fabric, and nothing else would really fit. But eventually it was all put together, and I am very pleased with the result.
An overexposed photo to show off the lining - my pride and joy!



  Now I really have to keep myself away from any crafting activities and from the computer (which will take some self-restraint) and get on with preparing for Anastasia's 6th birthay party tomorrow. Normally, we draw with the girls as to who makes the most mess in the living room, although I tell them off, but they don't tell me off – life is unfair, really!

                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment