Tuesday, December 16, 2014

19th century style doll in progress

I had an embroidered floral piece of fabric, which was just asking to become a 19th century-style dress. I couldn't decide, whether it should be a Russian or an English lady, but, as the dress would be the same, I just started on the dress. The trim is vintage lace; I used to tie the letters (real letters!) with it, but now it seemed too pretty to be hidden somewhere in the archive:



The jacket is an attempt to recreate a spencer jacket, making her, I guess, more of an English girl:






The shoes were inspired by the Regency fashion. They are sewn from real thin leather, from an old jacket donated to me by a friend especially for doll-making:


All that is left now is the face, hair and maybe a hat. So far I am on the third head - two came out completely unsuitable: one looks like a school headmistress, and the other is far too happy. I need a pensive, thoughtful expression -  why cannot I do it? Normally it's other way around...

No comments:

Post a Comment